Alabama Women Bloggers – Self Interview
Well, I saw this on Twitter this morning, and thought how fun would that be to meet other female bloggers from my area!
1. What part of the state do you call home?
North Alabama. (The Tennessee Valley)
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since November 2013
3. Why did you start blogging?
Actually, I’m not completely sure. To share my adventures in being a southern mom and the life that happens along the way.
4. What do you love most about blogging?
Reading and “meeting” people from all over! (Not just North Alabama!)
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see my fiance and I married, possibly already having our second (and last) child. By then we also hope to be in cattle farming. MAYBE I’ll be almost through with my Master’s.
6. What is your favorite movie?
I love so many movies, but I think one movie that I have truly loved since I was a child is Pearl Harbor.
7. If you could use any actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
I’m not sure who I have ever considered my celeb look alike. No one? But I think with all of my ambitions and goals, I could always refer to Angelina Jolie. (I know that she may get plenty of negative attitudes and responses, but her over all goal is similar.) She has a passion for children, especially the under privileged children or those who cannot control the circumstances they have found themselves in, and in that, we are similar. I would want her to play my part so that her passion could be genuine and real.
8. Name the top 5 things on your bucket list.
My life bucket list (I have yearly ones that are more event detailed.): 1. Sky dive. 2. Attend my grandchildren’s weddings. 3. Travel to each continent. 4. Make sure my children have the chance to experience culture around the world. 5. Take a road trip with Trevor from East Coast to West Coast.
9. Who or what inspired you to blog?
Just the fact that I love to share my experiences as a mom, hoping to help or encourage someone else along the way.
10. If you could be known for one thing in your life, what would it be?
Changing the lives of children who otherwise thought they never had a chance.
11. Where is your favorite place to go on vacation?
I love the ocean. Anywhere with sand and sun and salt water makes me happy!
12. Describe the best moment in your life.
The day our daughter was born. There are no words to explain those emotions and happiness.
13. We’re headed to your neck of the woods for one day. What is one thing we have to do, and what restaurant we must eat at?
We MUST eat at “the steakhouse”. It’s actual name is Western Sirloin Steakhouse.. but if you call it that, we know you’re not from around here. (; And there is so much to do… it depends on what kind of things you’re into. But I’d definitely prefer to take you to “the mountains”, aka Bankhead National Forest and let you hike the Sipsey River. There’s also a place we found that has a waterfall not on a map.
14. What is a tradition you and your family have?
Christmas has been the same since I was a small child. Christmas Eve with dad’s family, Christmas morning EARLY with my mom, and Christmas breakfast and gifts at my maternal grandmother’s house.
15. We all love social media, share your links so we can follow you.